Subject: [Leica] Business With Tamarkin
From: "Richard Clompus" <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 15:34:59 -0500

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

I read this week about a fellow photographer who had some difficulty with
Tamarkin in New York.  I really don't want this to become a big issue on the
list - but I have had great service from Stan Tamarkin and NY office
manager - Eric Boheman.  I can't think of a better place to buy equipment -
new or used.  The equipment arrives when promised and in the condition as
advertised.  I recently bought a new 19/2.8 ROM lens for my R8.  The first
lens had a scratched barrel, the second one had a defective filter turret
and the third was a winner.  All I had to do was call them and let them know
that Leica wasn't doing such a good job with their quality control.  A new
lens was sent out each time with Tamarkin paying the shipping.  I now have a
new 19/2.8 ROM lens with clear optics and in the condition I expect from a
new $2,990 Leica lens.

Being in private practice optometry for 18 years, I have had my fair share
of patients that always have something to complain about.  It often doesn't
take much more effort to make them happy patients for life.  Tamarkin has
always given me that extra effort.

Sincerely,

Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester, PA
Disclaimer:  No financial interest in Leica or Tamarkin