Subject: [Leica] Measuring Vivitar 283 flash synch voltage
From: "Richard Clompus" <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 15:43:56 -0500

Robert,

I have an older Vivitar 283 and would like to determine the voltage of the
of the flash synch.  Do I connect up a volt meter to the hot shoe and then
trigger the flash to make the measurement?  I guess if its one of the higher
voltage units, it would  be safer to just throw it out and get a new one for
about $ 75-80.

Happy shooting,

Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester, PA moving to Roanoke, VA next month