Subject: [Leica] shutter stuck
From: Summicron1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 09:41:50 EST

<<From: Ben T <debugger@jps.net>

My M6's shutter is curtain is stuck.  I pressed the shutter button and
the curtain travelled about less than 1/4 of the way then stayed there.
Nothing works now.  Shutter button doesn't do anything.  Winder won't
crank.
Should I send this in for repair or is there some quick and easy fix to
this?

you could, if you were brave, give the shutter curtain a slight tug and see if
that frees it, but it stuck there for a reason and that reason probably won't
go away. send it in for service and leave it stuck so they can see the problem
happening.

ctrentelman
ogden, ut