Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: RE: WOW..in 50 years.. thanks BD (long)
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 23:47:37 -0800

Nathan Wajsman wrote:
snip
> Look at medium format: an obsolete technology, no longer necessary because 35mm film and modern 35mm cameras are so good--right?. And yet I see Fuji and Pentax
> and others come out with amazing new MF models, and I also see a huge film
> choice available to the MF photographer. These companies are not stupid and
> would not be wasting money on developing, say, an autofocus MF camera if they
> thought that film is dead.
>
> Nathan
>snip

So who is it that is saying the MF is obsolete, You? Or you used to and
now you changed your mind? Or somebody else did and you changed their
mind? or...?
Is is that 35 isn't as good as its cranked up to be or that MF is a
definite level up or...?
My point is that no one is saying MF is an obsolete technology, it just
represents a more select market which AF could greatly expand even
moreso than it did 35. IMHO
I remember when disk film made 35mm obsolete.
Mark Rabiner