Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: RE: WOW..in 50 years.. thanks BD (long)
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 13:56:08 +0100

To the average camera buyer, medium format is indeed obsolete. After all, 35mm certainly is good enoungh...or even APS.

Note, I am not saying that I think it is obsolete. Although I sold my Hasselblad last year to finance (partly) the Leica addiction, I am very pleased to see new
cameras and lenses in this format being launched. I am equally pleased to see that the large format cameras still exist, even though I have no intention of ever
buying one.

Nathan

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> My point is that no one is saying MF is an obsolete technology, it just
> represents a more select market which AF could greatly expand even
> moreso than it did 35. IMHO
> I remember when disk film made 35mm obsolete.
> Mark Rabiner

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium