Subject: RE: [Leica] R6.2
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 17:15:05 -0500

luokbh@basf-china.com.cn wrote:

> Is the R6.2 the best mechanical SLR ever made? I want a second hand
> machanical SLR, any information would be appreciated!

A used  R6.2.
Contax S2
Nikon FM,FM2,F2
Olympus OM1
Mark Rabiner

To which I will add Nikon F, if you can find a solid clean one...and F3,
which, while it has an electronic shutter, should be considered.

Also, don't overlook the Olympus OM3 - mechanical version of the OM4, with
the same terrific spot metering capability, which is pretty widely
acknowledged to be the best metering system in any non-auto SLR..