Subject: Re: [Leica] Ted ain't THAT old!
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 21:11:15 -0800

Roger, Jim & Dan! wrote some of this:)

>>> They said many of the same things about the comparisons of photography and
>>>painting way back in 1839-

>I don't think even Ted goes that far back, but I hear he helped the Anthony
>Brothers test their new rollfilm they were working on....

>>You get this first hand from Ted?

<<<<<<<we have to warn you about Ted. He is one of the more illustrious
LUGgers, published, feted and awarded kudos galore- and he has done it
consistently by cleaning his lenses with certain items of apparel... we're
all a bit strange, but Ted IS special!)

<<<<Wait just a doggone minute, Dan. That's my buddy Ted you're accusing of
being strange! No way!>>>>>

OK OK guys, I've been known as a kinda likeable guy, but never strange,
even if I use "clean undershort material" for Leica lens cleaning.:)

And as far as the comparison of painting and photography way back in 1839?
Everyone was sworn to secrecy that I was there. :)

<<<<but just couldn't let old Ted take all this grief.>>>>>>>

And good buddy Roger like the cavalry trumpets blaring, rode to the old
guys defence. :):)

To clear this up for all LUGGITES this is the true story of the old guy! :) :)

I just happened to be doing a documentary on animals, two by two.  You guys
know how photographers, particular those with Leicas get roped into
shooting weddings and things of that nature. Now I can't help it if Noah
needed an official animal photog and he roped me in because he liked the
look of my shiny model 00000M6.:)

It was really dark on the boat but I was saved by the new superspeed film
of the day,  DODAK ASA 000000000025! :) But with my "noc-to-clear
f.00000000001 50mm crystal lens!":) I managed for 40 days and 40 nights!
Then I ran out of film, fortunately the rain ended and I was out of a job
anyway! :)

And you guys know the rest! That's how I got to be called the "Old Guy" :)

Hey!  Would I lie to you folks? ;)
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant