Subject: [Leica] Re: US navy 90 f1/fuji film pushed
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 07:47:14 -0500

Allo Jeff,

	You owe it to yourself to try out
	Kodak PMZ 1000 VS Fuji CZ Super G 800.

	Which you'll prefer depends,
	but one will solve your low light or fast action
	color print film needs.

	I realize you have, to date, put the emphasis
	on speed boosting flexibility,
	these, above, "seem" to put emphasis on image quality,
	and have made me forego the ISO 200-400
	speed range altogether, my "attitude" being
	that there either is enough light for ISO 100-160
	( or 50, 64) or there isn't, since the first day I shot
	Kodak PMZ 1000 in a poorly lit church, at a wedding,
	no flash, goes without saying, going for f/5.6,
	[with outstanding results that got me rave comments,]
	and a very nervous hired professional photographer
	who soon realized I was more than a tourist...
	You could have sworn I had used light boxes...
	or multiple TTL flash techniques.
	With standard commercial photo processing,
	but by my out of town favorite "predictable" lab,
	consistently higher image quality
	and obviously fresh photochemicals,
	the reason I avoid E-6 diapo films.

	"Low Light Color Photography" came through
	to me that very day ! I was ecstatic.

	I must add that I have not had AGFA Optima II 400
	experience, which could alter the "400 zone" picture
	somewhat, per the awed photo magazines' comments.
	And it most certainly must be pushable to ISO 800.

	Best to you !

	Andre Jean Quintal

	PS:  "NHG" Fuji films are usually highly
	     regarded by professional photographers,
	     many having switched to Fuji,
	     no mean feat on Fuji's part ! ! !
	     This has to be more than marketing hype.
	     PJ800 is an oddity, considering there's Kodak
	     PMZ 1000 and Royal Gold 1000 on the shelves.
	     [ I really don't know if they're the same. ]
	     Like Fuji 100-1000, I fail to "register"
	     ANY excitement whatsoever.
	     I usually try to know what sort of lighting
	     situation I'll walk into and have the appropriate
	     films in my photo bag.

[ . . . ]