Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 winder problems
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 07:12:27 -0800

Mark Rabiner wrote:

>If the winder is quirky how about the motor? Isn't than an option? Has
>it been around longer, made more solid. Maybe it's worth the added
>weight and cost if it has less problems?>>>>>>>

Hi Mark,

We who hold the R8 as the Holy Grail of cameras are still waiting these
past three years for the motor to appear over the horizon! Sometime in the
next millenium, that's the one starting with "30" not the "20" we will have
motors.:)

In my case, this lack of motor's has cost Leica the sale of two more R8's
and three motors! And that's the way it'll stay until I see a well
functioning motor.  Yep I have a winder for the present R8 and fortunately
touch wood has been OK.

But the lack of motors has surely cost Leica dearly in R8 sales during the
past 3 years and if the motor doen't come out and work perfectly, there is
going to be a much greater economic loss in R8 sales.
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant