Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 winder problems
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 00:43:01 EST

I believe a large part of the problem with the R8 Drive and tardy intro of the
R8 Winder had to do with the original manufacturer of the drive and winder,
Eumig of Austria, having gone out of business at about the same time that the
R8 was introduced.  This left Leica in the position of having to find someone
and somewhere to produce the winder and drive.  Apparently, Leica themselves
are making the winder in Portugal.  The Drive Question has been an extremely
sore subject with both Leica USA and Leica Solms people every time I see them
at PMA and Photokina.  When we will actually see the Drive is anybody's guess
since they have slipped the intro date so many times.

Bill Rosauer