Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M and the sun
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 19:01:39 -0800

In five years of M shooting I'm not clear on this:
I'm hyperaware of the sun shining into the lens because I'm not crazy
about the idea of burning a hole in my shutter curtain. (There are no
ants in there to kill anyway)
In my previous Nikonic Pentaprism Purgatory I was solar carefree with
the big bright one a major player in plenty of my shots, now I cower in
the shadows afraid to point my rangefinder anywhere in its general
direction.
How paranoid am I being? If you got the sun in a shot would you burn out
your meter and or shutter curtain in the process? This inquiring mind
wants to know.
Mark Rabiner