Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M and the sun
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 00:03:52 -0300

At 07:06 PM 10/02/99 -0800, you wrote:

>I personally have burned a hole in a Leica shutter (a CL with a 90mm Elmar
>C). I wouldn't think that an M6 meter is in any danger, although the meter
>on a CL or M5 might be vulnerable to damage. One way to eliminate the risk
>of burning a hole in your shutter is to get in the habit of setting your
>aperture to the smallest f stop when the camera is not in use and doesn't
>have the lens cap on. I've now trained myself to do this.

        I was simply taught to wear the camera on your shoulder with the
lens pointed in towards your body.

        I'm told this is how you spot the Leica user who has burned a hole
through their shutter...

"Sla'inte chugat"
Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
St. John's, Newfoundland.
TOUCHED BY FIRE; doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
McClelland & Stewart Canada.  ISBN#0-7710-5305-3
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm