Subject: Re: [Leica] Exclusif: l'Hexar ą baļonnette Leica! ...
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 17:34:11 -0400

I think you just made me see what will happen.  The Konica M mount lenses
will not have a focusing coupling to the Leica rangefinder.  They will
focus using autofocus sensors in the Hexar similiar to autofocus SLR.  With
a Leica lens mounted on the Hexar, you would focus it manually looking for
the focus confirmation light in the viewfinder, perhaps with a set of left
and right arrows telling you which way to move the lens.

The Hexar lens will mount on a Leica M but will be useless except for zone
focusing.  In other words, don't hope to use any of the Hexar lenses on
your M6 unless they are wide angles with lots of depth of field.

These are just my educated guess, and we will have to wait to see what
Konica has done.

Regards,

Robert