Subject: [Leica] Winder woes reduced!
From: "David Strang" <dstrang@up.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 19:08:59 -0500

I thought it worthy and uplifting to post tot he group that Jim Kuehl sent
me a new/late model motor-winder for my R8. Initial prognosis is good. After
30-50 rolls of film I'll make a value judgement of the R8. I really feel bad
about having to post negative messages about the Leica and the R8.

One thing I would like to do is thank Jim Kuehl for his prompt replacement
service. I called him Monday AM and the winder was here this afternoon. He
didn't even question me. Anyway, I plan on doing future purchases with Jim
and wholeheartedly endorse him. BTW, the small camera shop/film processing
lab's owner used to be a Leica dealer and Jim was her sales rep. Seems she
had some nice things to say about Jim, when I talked to her last Friday.

Also, since I'm giving credit where credit is due, I must commend Eric at
Tomarkin for his help. I bought my R8 body and a used 35f2 R lens. The lens
sent was in the condition he said, but I found the lens barrel a little
sloppy. Eric sent out a repalcement promptly with no hastle.

Thanks to those who had mentioned Tamarkin and Jin Kuehl to this group.

Dave
dstrang@up.net

- ----Pentium Pro/Windows NT 4-SP3/Zip100/Zip250/Jaz2GB/Astra 600S scanner/
RedHat Linux 5.0/MSVC++ 5.0/MSVC++ 6.0/PowerStation Fortran 4.0/Photoshop
4.01/
Photoshop 5.0/Illustrator 7.01/KPT 3.0/KPT 5.0/PhotoTools 3.0/Portfolio
4.0/Total XAOS/Matlab 5.0/
Maple V/Office 97 Pro+SR2/MacOpener 4.0/AMIGA 1000/AMIGA 2000-GVP030 Combo/
AMIGA 3000(2)/Indigo 2 XZ/IRIX 5.3/IRIX 6.2/ and member of UP.NET!