Subject: [Leica] R8 woes.
From: "David Strang" <dstrang@up.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 00:46:00 -0500

I heard mention of an R8 static fix. Could someone post to this group all
the known fixes to the R8. With my current winder problems, it would be
helpful to know about other problems with the R8. This makes it much easier
to just send into Leica and wait the 3-4 weeks, rather than just dump the
system outright.

BTW, with Leica's problems bringing out an R8 Motor Drive and its folly of a
winder, could Leica be having management or financial problems? Seems like
Leica, which can't build a simple motor that works, might be loosing key
engineers/scientists. Sort of jumping ship before it goes belly-up. Its just
a thought and maybe someone knows or has access to corporate earning
information or such stuff.

How else do you explain the winder fiasco or the mystery drive?

Dave
dstrang@up.net