Subject: [Leica] ****Reminder: Malug meeting***Important
From: FBrunelle@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 15:15:39 EST

Hello Luggers and Lugerettes,
Now that the volume is down from the highs of the "Friday For Sale" arguments,
this is a reminder just in case you did like me with the mass of
postings...mass delete!  For those who don't know yet...please register
beforehand (you need to register to receive a LUG softy and a Kodak film at
the door-first 30 to show up!!) by sending me a short email stating:
1- your name
2- number of people in your party (and the name of the other person if she/he
will assist at the meeting
3- will you need a room for Friday night (if so you can contact Mike Crist
directly at the hotel phone number below)
4- will you participate in the slides show
Do not forget...these informations are important for the logistic!  Do not
send any money...you can pay at the door when you register.
See y'a all in DC!!
Mike, Bill and Francois
· On Saturday 27 February 1999
· At MARRIOTT Wardman Park Hotel
  2660 Woodley Road N.W.
  Washington D.C. 20008
  (202) 328-2982
· $35 per participant to cover lunch, meeting room and video equipment rental
· For those of you whom are from out of town, Mike arranged for rooms
available at $99 or $109 including a "Two for breakfast".  Please take note
that the special price is for Friday night only.  Would you want to extend
your stay to Sunday, please contact Mike Crist at the abovementioned phone
number.

8:00 - 08:30	Welcome
The first 30 registered Luggers can pick a roll of Kodak film and a "LUG
softy" graciously offered by Tom Abrahamsson.

08:30 - 09:30	Leica Today!: Tba
Where is our favorite company going... and maybe some news from Solms

09:30 - 10:30	LHSA.org: B. Bevins
What can the Society bring to you and what to look for when buying used
equipment.

10:30 - 11:15	Swap Meet & Dealers Show Case
You have pieces of equipment you do not use anymore or maybe you are looking
for this lens you promised yourself for Christmas.  Well here's your chance to
finally even the score.  We have tables for those of you who would like to
sell this Stuff! and although it has not been confirmed they would bring
equipment for sale, we will have some dealers in our room.

11:15 - 12:00	Special Guest: Grace Taylor
Ms. Taylor has agreed to make a presentation about her documentary work in a
mountain village in Central Mexico.  She will bring a dozen framed gallery
exhibition prints for display.  You might recall the article in the Weekend
supplement of the Washington Post last summer by Frank Van Riper who  praised
her work.  Grace is a Leica user, and favors the 35mm Asph on her M6, and
photographs in black and white.

12:00 - 15:00	Lunch, Surprise Guest Speaker & MALUG Shoot Out
So, you think you're a hot shot!  Well, we'll give you a chance to demonstrate
to your colleagues and new friends those techniques that make you such a great
photographer!  At lunch, we will announce the rules and regulations of our own
MALUG Shoot Out…

15:30 - 17:00	Slides Show
Luggers are invited to produce 3 to 5 of his/her best slides to share with us
all.