Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V6 #85
From: jimmy katz <jkatz@bway.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 03:47:43 -0500

Dear luggers- I'm glad I found some people crazy as I am.
I am a obsessive darkroom worker and use Rodenstock Apo Rodagon 50/2.8,
80/4, 105/ & 150/4 lenes.  (I do a lot of medium format work.)  First, I
have never tested these against other enlarging lenes and I'm wondering
if anybody has tested these against what else is out in the new or used
market.  Second, I am also interested in what luggers think are the best
apertures to be using enlarging lenes at.  Strangely, after aligning my
enlarger, I have found in my own tests that F/11 is often better than
F/8. I know this should not be the case but it is.  Has anybody done any
testing themselve on this? All the best Jimmy