Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leicaflex Price Drops
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 09:12:56 EST

In a message dated 2/11/99 4:16:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
drodgers@nextlink.net writes:

<< The SL came up 1/2 stop under to 1  and 1.5 stop over. Part of the
 variation had to do with the SL's spot metering, which is not a problem.
 Unfortunately, another part was due to the fact that it's an older analog
meter.
 It's slow and the cell appears to have some memory. I don't think a CLA would
 change that. >>
I use SL and SL2 for lanscapes for the most part. Meter speed is not critical
there and the spot meter is very good. However I use the R3 and R7 for almost
everything else for all the reasons you mention. The SL is very similar to an
M camera without the limitations of the Visoflex (which I lived with for many
years.)

Bob