Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leicaflex Price Drops
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 17:47:50 EST

In a message dated 2/10/99 3:18:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
drodgers@nextlink.net writes:

<<  SL meter is only accurate enough for neg film, and I think even those days
 are numbered. I'll use it as long as the shutter is accurate.  >>
Ebay prices seem to be holding up pretty well on the SL's and SL2's.
 However I beg to differ with you on the meter and shutter accuracy of the
Leicaflex. I have had them since they were new and  in most of my photography
over the years with them, I have used Kodachrome almost exclusively. The
exposures have always been right on. But you do need to maintain a camera,
especially a mechanical one. I just had Sherry Krauter go over my SL2 and it
is right on - meter and shutter.
I also have an R3 and an R7 which I use for automatic purposes and flash. I
can;t say that my results are an different among these bodies under equivalent
conditions except that the SL and SL2 "feel" better to me.

Bob Figlio