Subject: [Leica] Slide mounting- Question for Tina
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 13:55:00 -0400

Tina:

Today I have been cleaning off my desk by mounting some of the many rolls
of slides that just sat there as uncut strips.  I remember you saying that
you use Pakon slide mounts for you negatives.  I just got a case of them
and that is what I have been using.  My manual mounter has not arrived yet
and I have just been cutting them by hand using scissors.  I was wondering
what you used to mount with, a manual or automatic pakon mounter?

The cutting them with scissors is not too bad since a good percentage of
the sports and wildlife shots just get thrown out because they are not in
focus or not sharp enough.  It would be neat to have an electric mounter
which could mount a whole roll in a mater of a minute or too.  It would be
quicker that way than how I do it now and I would be more inclined to do an
edit right away.  For example I ran accross a roll of snow board racing
from two weeks ago that had some pretty awesome shots on it.  I must have
missed the whole roll when editing the snowboard shots two weeks ago.

Regards,

Robert