Subject: Re: [Leica] Slide mounting- Question for Tina
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 14:31:07 -0500

At 01:55 PM 2/13/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Tina:
>
>Today I have been cleaning off my desk by mounting some of the many rolls
>of slides that just sat there as uncut strips.  I remember you saying that
>you use Pakon slide mounts for you negatives.  I just got a case of them
>and that is what I have been using.  My manual mounter has not arrived yet
>and I have just been cutting them by hand using scissors.  I was wondering
>what you used to mount with, a manual or automatic pakon mounter?
>Regards,
>
>Robert

Hi, Robert -

I cut them with scissors and mount them by hand using the little black
plastic mounter from Pakon (looks like a slide mount and only holds the end
of the mount open to slide in the film).  I have tried various automatic
and manual slide mounters and they were all more trouble than they were
worth.  If everything is not lined up perfectly, you end up ruining slides.
 Some of the automatic ones cut the slide based on where the dark edge of
the frame is.  Since I take a lot of low light photos :-)  my film always
confused machines.  I get very tired of cutting them up with scissors and
mounting by hand (especially when I come back from a trip with 300 rolls of
film!), but it seems to be the best and easiest way.  Occasionally I can
bribe one of my kids to do it for me, but then I have edit ahead of time
anyway, marking out rejects.  If you find an automatic mounter that
actually works, please let me know!!

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP