Subject: Re: [Leica] Slide mounting- Question for Tina
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 16:00:41 -0500

At 01:52 PM 2/13/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Tina,
>
>Have  you  ever  tried the Polaroid slide mounts? I like those as they
>fold open slide in the transparency then fold them shut and snap them.
>Nothing comes close to touching the film.
>
>IMHO much safer than the slide and scratch Pakon mounts.
>

>Best regards,
> Harrison

Harrison,

I haven't seen the Polaroid mounts but I use the Gepe and Wess slide mounts
for my treasured slides and Pakon for the other 300,000 that are in there
for stock use :-)     Pakons are available from B&H for $240 for 10,000
mounts.   At 2.4 cents each, I haven't found any cheaper.  I'm careful to
use cotton gloves and the mounter holds the slides open enough that they
don't scratch.  If I were a better editor, I could probably buy more
expensive slide mounts, but I tend to keep everything unless it's out of focus.

Leically,

Tina
Tina Manley, ASMP

http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html