Subject: Re: [Leica] Winter Games Photography in Newfoundland
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 19:46:11 -0600

>Perhaps Ted could use his connections arrange the press passes
>and we could have an East coast LUG meet.

I know this is not intended to be bad, but to ask a professional
photographer to get passes for amateurs is not a good thing to do. Ted is
too gracious to say anything, I'm sure, but please don't ask. It's not
ethical, or professional for a photographer to do such a thing for friends,
and it puts them in a bad position to even say why without sounding
elitist. Sorry, but the sidelines are already too crowded at sporting
events and just the professional photographers being there is often a
logistical challenge for the folks that run the venue.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.