Subject: [Leica] LUG Twelve stepping
From: "Gib Robinson" <robinson@sfsu.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 20:45:59 -0800

Tina wrote to Bob:

> Welcome to the Leica Obsessive
> Compulsive 12-Step Group!

Yes, welcome! And, yes,12-Stepping with this group is a unique experience.
As you are already aware, the steps you'll practice most here are those
leading directly to the nearest Leica dealer. Those of us temporarily
prohibited by spouse or bank account from stepping briskly toward our dealer
of choice, face the prospect of life-inhibiting NoctiLust or ASPH-lust. The
next step in such circumstances is most often to arrange a mail-order
purchase from a compassionate group member.

If, post-purchase, we perceive the purchaser suffering delirium tremens
while waiting for his or her UPS delivery, we routinely take steps to reduce
their suffering by recounting enticing stories and distracting fantasies
about the object of their desires. On occasion, some of us are counseled
down other paths for addiction relief, such as the Ebay Method-on (line)
shopping program.

It has occurred to me recently that given the size of the group and the
depth of the addiction, perhaps we should appy for an APLD government
subsidy (Aid-to-Photographers-with-Leica-Depencencies). We could (jointly)
petition one or another government to provide a check every month for
afflicted LUGers with the yearly stipend equally the price of a
slightly-used, mint-minus (perfect glass), current-generation,
Puts-reviewed-and-approved lens. Such government intervention might save us
some steps . . . to the bank.

Here's to bliss through Leica,

- --Gib