Subject: [Leica] Why the M series is still useful
From: "Gary and Dawn Klein" <gdklein@bytehead.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 21:38:43 -0600

- ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01BE5862.64F3EF60

    A good reason why I use my M4-2 in my daily work is because of
courtrooms.  We have a judge here in town who quite frankly rules his court
with an iron fist. I have yet to get yelled at because I use the M 35,50,90
and the Canon A2e (which is very quiet) and the 70~210.  The other two
photographers at my paper have gotten yelled at because they were too noisy.
IN fact, the judge once said,"Make the record reflect that 30 frames were
exposed by the Press photographer."  This judge looks exactly like Clint
Eastwood and seems to have the same personality as Dirty Harry.  This judge
only tolerates cameras in his courtroom because he has to.   The courthouse
in our county is an Art Deco masterpiece from the thirties, which has about
the most awful light quality you can imagine.  The lights were updated with
modern flourescent tubes, but the color balance is biased very yellow, so
photoshop's color balancing tools gets a big workout.

- ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01BE5862.64F3EF60

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D890242000-15021999><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DArial =

size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; A good reason why I use my M4-2 in my daily =
work is=20
because of courtrooms.&nbsp; We have a judge here in town who quite =
frankly=20
rules his court with an iron fist. I have yet to get yelled at because I =
use the=20
M 35,50,90 and the Canon A2e (which is very quiet) and the 70~210.&nbsp; =
The=20
other two photographers at my paper have gotten yelled at because they =
were too=20
noisy.&nbsp; IN fact, the judge once said,&quot;Make the record reflect =
that 30=20
frames were exposed by the Press photographer.&quot;&nbsp; This judge =
looks=20
exactly like Clint Eastwood and seems to have the same personality as =
Dirty=20
Harry.&nbsp; This judge only tolerates cameras in his courtroom because =
he has=20
to.&nbsp;&nbsp; The courthouse in our county is an Art Deco masterpiece =
from the=20
thirties, which has about the most awful light quality you can =
imagine.&nbsp;=20
The lights were updated with modern flourescent tubes, but the color =
balance is=20
biased very yellow, so photoshop's color balancing tools gets a big=20
workout.</FONT></SPAN></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01BE5862.64F3EF60--