Subject: Re: [Leica] M2 questions
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 01:07:39 EST

Hi Joe,

The M2 has the same magnification (.72) as the M4, M4-2, M4-P, M5 & M6.  It
only has framelines for the 35, 50 & 90.  The M4 added the 135 framelines
(hence the name M4, succeeding the M3 - M camera with three frame lines.
Although the M2 was originally seen as a simplified, lesser M camera and the
M1 even simpler still.  This is analogous to the LTM If, IIf & IIIf and Ic,
IIc & IIIc cameras)  But, I digress!  The M4-P and M6 finders added the 28 &
75 frame lines.
Many people, notably Tom A. see the M2 as the quintessential M camera.
One of our fellow LUGnuts, Richard Wasserman, is currently manufacturing rapid
rewind knobs for the earlier M cameras.  He can be reached at
Disfromage@aol.com.
M2's are wonderful cameras and can even be fitted with a Tom A Rapidwinder.
Go for it!

Bill Rosauer