Subject: Re: [Leica] M2 questions
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 01:17:36 EST

Joe, The finder magnification in the M2 is the same as in the M4-2/M4-P and
'classic" M6. Just less frames cluttering up the finder! I frequently use the
28 with the M2, I stick a piece of black gaffer tape over the 'corrugated"
frame line illumination window and then only have to contend with the
rangefinder patch and edge to edge vision (which roughly covers the 28 angle).
The M2 is one of the great Leicas (I wont say the best, then the price goes up
and I cant get them anymore!).
 Fellow LUGger Disfromage makes a rewind crank for the M3 and M2. It works
better than the M5 crank, a larger, knurled grip, the m6 rewind crank is an
elegant solution, but I find that I occasionally slip on the small knurled
knob and have to grab it again.
 At the latest count I have 8 M2's and 4 M3, I use the M2's more than I use
the M3's. The M2 and a 35/2 or one of the older 35/1,4 (non-aspheric) makes
for a perfect, 'Carry all day, shoot all night" type of camera.
 If you want to, you can have the 28/75 frames installed in your M2 and you
have a M2-6. I dont recommend it, the beauty of the M2 is the simplicity -
35,50 and 90, what else do we need!
Tom A