Subject: [Leica] m2 Questions
From: "Carlos Blanco" <cblanco@fibertel.com.ar>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 15:51:50 -0300

There is a very good article which title is "Leicas for users revisited"
written in 1991 by Tom Halfhill that I consider to be the best summarised
explanation of the differences between the M models.
I personally prefer the M2 as the most "minimalist" expression of the M
serie. There is nothing accesory in it, only the fundamental. The problem
with this camera is that you have to learn what that really is!. I mean:
dýou need to rewind quickly, to load fast to get as closer as possible to
the subject being far from him, well then the F5 Nikon or the AE1 Canon are
doubtless perfect... but not and M2. Cartier Bresson, used to deploy the
135mm saying that he had never taken a picture with it. Perhaps he
exagerated a bit but anyway I think that for most of the leica users that
combination (35-50-90) is good enough to cover all their expectancies, IMHO,
of course