Subject: Re: [Leica] Younger photographers and Leica rangefinders
From: ray tai <razerx@netvigator.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 11:04:10 +0800

I started in photography 12 years ago with a new FM2 and a used 50/1.4 AI; the
whole thing cost me $400 then.  There were plenty of AF bodies to choose from but
I chose the FM2 because I knew if I was going to learn anything I had to learn it
from an all manual camera.  Back then I knew nothing about Leicas.  If I remember
correctly, a used M2 and 35 Summicron from Shutterbug ads would have set me back
over $1200.  Being a student this kind of money for a camera was unthinkable.  If
I knew then what I know now I would have saved up for a Leica, but then again if I
had known I would have bought Microsoft shares with my tuition money!