Subject: Re: [Leica] why M series is still useful
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 08:43:07 -0800

Ted wrote:

>Quite often I carry an M6 under my suit or sports jacket hung off my left
>shoulder, it rides nicely under my arm much like a shoulder holster. I
>suppose there could be places that might take unkindly to it if they
>noticed the slight bulge! :)
>
>It's quickly available from there and you can go almost anywhere and not
>have anyone realize you have a camera at the ready. The 35 1.4 Summilux
>without shade makes it very comfortable and compact.  It can be out and a
>shot taken, oops:) excuse me, a photo taken before anyone knows you've done
>it.
>
>And you don't have to pull it out or return to a pocket.  you just let go
>and it drops back into place hands free.

I did that in the sixties in North Africa, when carrying a camera openly or
being seen to take a picture of a person was not necessarily healthy. In
this manner I could whip out the camera, take the picture, and let the
camera drop back under my jacket without the person whose picture I had
taken would realize what had occurred. The only problem was that wearing a
tweed jacket (what I had with me) in June/July in the northern Sahara
required more dedication than I might now be able to come up with.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com