Subject: [Leica] M3 metering survey
From: Hp35@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 14:07:48 EST

Can anyone tell me if the MR-4 meter can be used with a M3 with old-style
(non-geometric) shutter speeds. I am interested in knowing how many M3 users
out there prefer to use this body with a handheld meter as opposed to the
MR-4. Although neither solution is as fast as an M6, I find the MR-4 meter
slows me down.

Recently, there has been a several postings regarding inherent benefits of
judging a scenes exposure by eye rather than a meter. While I believe this can
work well for wide latitude films, I question whether the same can be done for
more critical transparency films like Kodachrome 25 (without lots of
bracketing).

Steve Brauner