Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W film (long)
From: Bill Welch <welch@pressroom.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 17:01:52 -0500

Bob wrote,
>Related question;  What reels are folks using for 35mm development-? I
>really like the reels at NESOP; they have two prongs that catch the films
>holes making it extremely easy to roll em up. Are these "Hewes reels"?

Those do sound like the Hewes reels, which are also sold in the US under
the Jobo label, and previously were sold as Omega. They are very much more
substantial than most alternate reels. They do not bend as easily and are
much easier to load as a consequence. I've got a box full of the old metal
reels that I quit using once I discovered the Hewes. Anyone who wants them
can have them for shipping costs.

I agree that plastic reels are fussier. However, Jobo's plastic reels do
have some advantages, particularly with 120 film.

Bill