Subject: Re: [Leica] M carrying case
From: "JeffS" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 22:15:45 -0700

You know, I've been thinking that maybe the best Leica bag is a customized
Domke or Tenba! Domke's larger satchels don't have velcro for camera inserts
(and they're not a great fit for any of my gear either), and the F-803 is
too small for my tastes. But a Reporter satchel with maybe Tenba's (far
better) inserts may be dynamite. As I still have the rotted remains of my
Domke, I will see how good the fit is. The Tenba satchel suffers from a bit
TOO MUCH padding, a lame film pouch, and an organizer section that isn't
real helpful with photo gear. But rugged, oh yeah--I won't be astonished if
it outlasts the canvas Domke and Billingham bags by a factor of 2.

The basic Domke design pads the individual compartments from one another,
and between you and the gear, and this works very well indeed. I have fallen
on this bag, dropped it,and whacked it into hard surfaces, yet my gear looks
great!

Jeff

> << Can anyone recommend a good carrying case for a M system with 2 or 3
prime
>  lenses. I have tried the Domke F-803 camera satchel but I don't feel it
>  protects the
>  equipment well enough, as the padding is rather thin. I am looking for a
>  small, well padded bag that fits the M system well without advertising
Leica