Subject: Re: [Leica]now:B&W photography
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 07:09:34 EST

Peter and Nathan:

If Spielberg's name is related to the movie I see it.  Schindler's List was,
in my opinion, the most shocking movie that I have ever seen.   It connected
the visionary piece to what has been told to me by my relatives for many
years.  I think that the movie shocked me to realize that we can never allow
this to happen again to any people in any part of the world.  Thanks to
Spielberg, the movie, the music and the message will stay with me for the rest
of my life.

I saw Spielberg's "Saving Private Ryan" yesterday and I came away somewhat
disappointed.  This was a horrible war and the movie strongly conveyed the
message.  The story, in my opinion, was somewhat lost in all of the blood and
horror.  Of course, I am sure it was, in many respects just like the movie.

This is also why we have chocolate and vanilla, isn't it?

Bob Bedwell

<< Peter,

 I do not know what your movie selection criteria are, but all I can say is
that
 Spielberg (note correct spelling) is for me the greatest film director of our
 time. I am not sure which of his movies you consider nightmares; if you are
 referring to "Schindler's List" then yes, the events depicted are indeed
 nightmarish, not least because they actually happened.

 Nathan