Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Drying marks
From: Harrison McClary <mcclary@iname.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 12:06:44 -0600

>Be careful with distilled water for the final rinse. It will cause the
>emulsion to swell and become VERY soft!

All of the water I use in my processing is run through a water filter.  I
live in an area with hard Limestone water...I have had no problems with
spotting.  Have never use distilled water.

Also as someone else suggested...cut your photo flo time back to appx 30
sec.  No need for longer.

I also never use the film squegee...I dry my film in a Senrac film
dryer...the only problems I have ever encountered with this is a tendency
for the Tri-x or Neopan to stick to the reels if allowed to get too cool
before removing from the reel.  For some reason this does not happen with
TMAX films.

Good luck.

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto