Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Drying marks
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 11:55:44 -0800

Harrison McClary wrote:

snip I dry my film in a Senrac film
> dryer...the only problems I have ever encountered with this is a tendency
> for the Tri-x or Neopan to stick to the reels if allowed to get too cool
> before removing from the reel.  For some reason this does not happen with
> TMAX films.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Harrison McClary
Drying Negs with heat is way high on my absolute NoNo list. This is a
result of 30 years of reading coubntless articles in Pop and Mod
Photography, Cora Wright Kennedy, Bill Pierce, etc. I have never
compared the results with a microscope It has been bled into my genetic
code that doing such a thing will kiss your grain goodbye. Maybe I'm
wrong...
But your film sticking to your reels should be a sign that there is an
extreme thing happening. You don't want extreme things to be happening
to your film. Especially in terms of extremes of temperature.
Mark Rabiner