Subject: Re: [Leica] Summary: Drying marks
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 18:57:04 +0000

The issue of dried water spots on film comes up on the Usenet group
rec.photo.darkroom.  I saved a message from one of the more
knowledgeable voices in that group about an approach to cleaning such
spots.  I've used this procedure and it's worked for me:

"Try the following.  Soak the film for a few minutes in plain water,
then treat it for a couple of minutes in stop bath. Swab the surface
gently with cotton swabs.  If there is anything left treat it with a
wash aid like Kodak Hypo Clearing Agent for a minute or two and
again try swabbing.  This should remove any deposits left by the
Photo-Flo. Then wash the film for five minutes and treat in a mixture
of distilled water with about one ounce per quart of rubbing alcohol
added  and about half the amount of Photo-Flow recommended by Kodak.
Hang it up to dry without further swabbing."

Roy