Subject: [Leica] Summary: Drying marks
From: "Martin V. Howard" <marho@ikp.liu.se>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 19:32:04 +0100

First, thanks to all who have responded to my question about trying to
combat drying marks.  Like other before me, I'd just like to second the
opinion that it is this wealth of experience and knowledge that makes
the LUG great.  Thanks guys!

A summary of the private and public messages I've received on this
topic has led me to the following conclusions:

  * Prepare several litres of wetting agent, using correct
    dilution and distilled water in advance.

  * For the final rinse, pour the mixture in tank and let sit
    still for no longer than 30 seconds.

  * Remove reels and shake well (as opposed to the tank with the
    Photo-flo solution in it ;-)

  * Hang film up to dry.

  * Do not squegee using finger, rubber bladed squegees, windscreen
    wipers or Ted's underwear.  In fact, don't squegee at all.

I'll give this a try next time.  Hopefully, drying marks will be a thing
of the past.

Now, to the second part of my questions (yeah, like anyone's going to
have read *this* far)

  How do I get rid of the drying marks on film that I've already
  developed?

M.

- --
Martin Howard, Grad. Schl. for Human-Machine Interaction,  |
HMI/IKP, Linkoping University, SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.|    Just
Tel: +46 13 28 5741; Fax: +46 28 2579; ICQ: 354739         | say "DOOH"
E-mail: marho@ikp.liu.se; www.iav.ikp.liu.se/staff/marho/  +------------