Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M Carrying case
From: "JeffS" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:00:12 -0700

John, I don't doubt your word for a moment: I had problems with a Tenba bag
purchased around 1982, which only lasted a few years, and which, at the end,
seemed to be deteriorating. The current bag is made, not with Cordura, but
some variant of it called Protek, and so far, my '98 production bag has been
fine, and has had none of the odd odors that I noticed with the older one.
Ask me again in 2001 how I like it. My cotton Domke satchel lasted about 4
years of everyday use. So far, the Tenba's showing almost zero wear, when my
Domkes and Billinghams would be looking distinctly "distressed", so I'm
delighted with Protek fabric for now.

Jeff