Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: RE: Tri-X and Kodak vs Ilford?
From: "JeffS" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:21:24 -0700

Most of that purple/pink stuff used to come off in the prewash, until I read
the instructions that came with my Jobo and realized I wasn't supposed to be
using one with Xtol and Tmax!

Since that time, I've produced a couple of pinkish rolls of film, which
coincide with the time I attempted to re-use Kodak Hypo Clearing Agent for a
second batch (following 7 minutes in ordinary Kodak powdered fixer). Never
again! That stain just doesn't seem to go away, regardless of rinse times or
attempts to re-clear.

I now wash negatives per Jobo's instructions of 10 or more water changes
through the Jobo itself. I'd rather simply toss the negatives into a film
washer and walk away, but the Jobo lift needs flushing out, and this method
sure does seem to get things clean, and uses comparatively little water.

Jeff