Subject: Re: [Leica] Film reels (was: B&W film (long))
From: "John Poirier" <MJ.Patterson@nt.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 22:20:46 -0700

Well, Bob, I guess we both must be freaks because my experience (since
mid-seventies) has been the same as yours.  As far as TMax is concerned, you
might consider the possibility that it is just plain ugly- especially the
100.  I've used truckloads of of 4x5 TMax 100 as a copy film, but wouldn't
be caught dead using it for landscapes.
(Of course, there are so many variables in processing and printing that
other  freaks may well be getting beautiful results with the stuff.)

John Poirier