Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica & tri-X
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 23:12:07 -0800

Eric wrote:

>Ted and Tina. While  you're waxing nostalgic, try TMax 400 with Press Maxx
>developer. You get Tri-X tonality and TMax grain. Best of both worlds!

Hi Eric,

Thank you, I'll try it.

What you gave me in your post was the word that describes the look of the
prints from the 37 year old Tri-X negs, "tonality!" Thats it in a nutshell.
The prints have the nicest tonal look to them compared to how the T-Max
prints look.

Strange that it only took me 37 years to discover I had made some nice
negatives at one time.:) But then.... oh well never mind...:)
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant