Subject: [Leica] was Tri-X vs Ilford?now:Tmax fixing.
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 23:11:46 -0800

Mark Rabiner wrote:

>Getting the pink out of TMax is no picnic. In my experience, contrary to
>yours if you didn't fix it out it wouldn't wash out and it did show up
>in the printing. You had to fix it in rapid fix no hardener till the
>cows come home.>>>>>>>

Hi Mark,

I have used T-Max since it arrived on the market and without a doubt it
takes longer to "fix to clear film" than any other.  Even Kodak make
mention of it in their information sheets and also Tmax exhausts the fix
life faster than tri-x or Ilford.

I use Rapid fix all the time and fined it requires good agitation and a 3
to 5 minutes to completely clear.

If you find a slight pinky look still in the film after drying, Kodak have
suggested to leave your film on a light table whle turned on and this will,
"supposed to," clear the pink out.

Can't say I've tried it.
ted

Ted Grant