Subject: RE: [Leica] long lens tests
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 14:15:50 -0800

Kotsinadelis wrote:

>Not difficult, just speaking the truth. All I pointed out is that some LUGs
>are ready to automatically give an opinion of a lens they have never used.>>>

>I have learned my lesson, and shut up when I need to.>>>>>>

Actually Peter you haven't and sometimes you become damn annoying with your
assumptions, when others make learned and experienced comments. I'm of a
firm opinion that you really don't give a hoop about Leica and are merely
an SD!

<<<But your comment at the end of your post does not detract from the fact
that you and Ted indicate the Leica 400mm can't be beat, even without
trying one.>>>

As I posted before.... "you assume!  And one shouldn't assume anything!!!!"

One thing from what I've seen, the Canon 400 2.8 out performs the Nikon.
And neither of the above are better than anything from Leica. And trust me,
that isn't an assumption!

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant