Subject: Re: [Leica] Ilford Delta 3200
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 08:00:10 +0100

Byron,

After some experimentation, reading Erwin's test report and discussion with
Bob Bedwell, I have arrived at XTOL (undiluted) as the ideal developer for
D3200. I expose the film at 1200 and develop for 7 minutes at 20C/68F. Bob
prefers a shorter developing time of 6.5 minutes at this EI. I have never
used D76 but I believe that it is similar to XTOL in terms of developing
action; if so, then you can use the XTOL times as a starting point.

Nathan

Byron Rakitzis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone on the list could share their experience
> with processing Ilford Delta 3200. I picked up a couple of rolls this
> afternoon, and I have bottles of HC110, D-76, Rodinal and Tmax in my
> cupboard which I'm willing to experiment with. I would like to avoid
> pronounced grain -- suppose I expose it at EI1600, is there any developer
> from the above list that I can happily use?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Byron.

- --
Nathan Wajsman