Subject: Re: [Leica] <no subject>
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 13:46:40 -0500

At 01:02 PM 1999-02-20 -0300, Amilcar de Oliviera wrote:
>     I had a real laugh with the engine room scenes: everybody talks
normally. A
>real ship's engine room is *very* noisy and you have to yell at the top of
your
>lungs in order to be heard. My father was a chief engineer in the Brazillian
>merchant marine and I recall he couldn't stop speaking very loud for half an
>hour after coming off shift. His ears were numbed by the noise so he couldn't
>control how loudly he spoke.
>     The engine room is also extremely hot, so you don't wear a jacket while
>you're in, as the film's chief engineer does.

Bringing this back to topic, the engine-room shots were made at the
California Maritime Academy in Vallejo, in their Steam Engine room.  The
supervisor of this room is a member of our sister Rollei List and is a
rather avid photographer.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!