Subject: [Leica] R8 focusing problems, now what to shoot?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 16:06:38 -0600

Several people have commented that they found the R8 hard to focus. Over a
month ago, I was noticing I was getting more pictures in focus at
basketball games with my R4sP than my R8, which I had a theory for. But I
had to test it. Turns out that I had the R8s diopter setting wrong. One day
in the middle of a basketball game, I recalibrated the diopter in the
viewfinder and shot the rest of the game. I was amazed at how much better
my focusing just got.

So those who say they have a hard time focusing the R8, you might want to
check to see if the viewfinder is adjusted right for your eyes. It made all
the difference for me.

Now I can use it tonight for a wild and wooly evening of photographing a
picture page of professional wrestlers (I know, don't ask them if it's
fake), regular size - and the vertically challenged wrestlers too. Then I'm
going to ship it off to get the winder contacts fixed. :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

- -The world's full of apathy, and I don't care.