Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 focusing problems, now what to shoot?
From: Harrison McClary <mcclary@iname.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 20:57:01 -0600

 Saturday, February 20, 1999, Eric wrote:
> I  had  the  R8s  diopter  setting wrong. One day in the middle of a
> basketball  game,  I  recalibrated the diopter in the viewfinder and
> shot  the  rest  of  the  game.  I  was amazed at how much better my
> focusing just got.

I  want  to know why on earth all camera manufacturers now think it is
necessary to include this stupid adjustment on cameras today?

This one thing causes me more trouble than any other aspect of today's
camras.  The  damn thing is always getting twisted one way or another.
When my eyes are tired I can never tell when it is adjusted right. And
on  every  camera  I  have  ever used with this damnable adjustment...
Leica,  Nikon,  Canon...  the  image  ALWAYS  looks funny through the
screen  Like  looking through a wide angle lens or something. There is
curvature  on  the focusing screen, or something that makes a world of
difference from looking through the old pre adjustable diopter days.

All  in  all I HATE the adjustable diopter and wish they would do away
with  the damn things.  In the past I paid $200 per camera to have them
taken  out  of my EOS 1's and I guess I am going to do that again soon
to my new ones. Gads the thing ought to be an option.

Best regards,
 Harrison                          mailto:mcclary@iname.com
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto
preview my book: http://www.volmania.com