Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica lenses
From: "A. Huntley" <prasepe@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 12:29:55 -0500

Jim,
Thank you, thank you for your eloquent words. Truthfully...I have been lurking on this
list for about 8 months and rarely participate because, frankly, there ain't much useful
to respond to!! Your words sum up my feelings so well. I REALLY don't care if one lens
is sharper than another...why don't we talk about the kind of image it cuts on the film and
how to make the best use of each in a given photographic situation? Visit Tina's site
and you will know exactly what I'm talking about...how does one get such "LIFE" into
their images? BTW, thank you Tina for such visual treats!!

Also, when we have working photogs like Ted, Donal, Tina and others, and recognized
optical "students" like Erwin expressing their opinions after many years of study and
experience being simply outright repudiated, it just AMAZES me!! When I started my
photography avocation many, many years ago with LF cameras, I looked to workers
like Ansel, Brett, and others and found out they were using the Tri-X/HC110 combo for
their images. My thought? If it's good 'nuff for them it's certainly good 'nuff for me! Started
with that combo and NEVER tried anything else for LF...well...that's not totally true...not
until the Delta films appeared! I just love the tonality and smoothness of this film family.

Thanks for listening...your post evoked the longest reply I've ever posted to this forum!

Best regards,
Alan Huntley