Subject: Re: [Leica] aluminium pods and cold hands (was:Leica lenses & Group Professionals Responsibility?)
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 06:57:06 +0100

Harrison McClary wrote:
>...snip...
> Keeping  warm on  a  cold day with a long lens is almost impossible for
> me.  I  never learned to shoot with gloves.  The mono-pod is aluminum,
> camera  metal...all  very  cold. My hands  get  very cold.

Harrison,
I've had trouble on the coldest days this winter just handling my Gitzo
tripod (would have been the same with a regular monopod). The hands
would almost stick to it. Just wondered if you have ever tried carbon
fibre based hardware and if that made a real difference in freezing
weather ?

Alan